Today appeared to be like any other day, or so my Son thought. After having our morning route,a nap, then lunch. We got ready to go out to the store. On our way to the store, I had to make one quick stop.
That stop was to the Doctor. So for the last two years, Tarzan has gotten monthly shots during RSV season, which runs from October until April. He gets a Synagis shot in each leg, each month. Plus he was also getting his check ups and vaccines as scheduled. Since we started the shots in October, each trip to the Doc has been getting progressively worse. Last visit as soon as I pulled up in front of the building, the water works started. The crying and tears do not stop until we are halfway home.
Today, I thought I would try and keep him off guard. I entered the parking lot to the Doctor's office at a a different entrance. I parked along the side of the building and we entered through the side door. I did pretty good at distracting him, the water works did not stop until we reached the door. So we got in really fast since it was a shot. First things first, he had to get weighed. He does not tolerate the baby scale, so it was the grown up scale. 31.2 pounds today at 2o months. So it seemed like forever until the nurse came back in with the shots. I was also thinking in advance and stuck a lollipop in my pocket. After the shots, I quickly got him dressed and offered the lollipop. It worked pretty well. A lot less crying and he was happy to have a treat.
We finally made it though this RSV season, and the good news is that we do not have to return to the Doctors until August!!
No comments:
Post a Comment