Okay, is it just me or what. I have a busy next couple of days. Lots of cakes, homemade Haluska, coloring Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt, making a basket... You get the idea. Why does it seem like the Holidays are getting busier and busier. I love the holidays, but I hate the rush associated with them. Christmas has become a nightmare for me. I am all for either spreading the holiday our to 2 or 3 days or just staying home. We love to spend time with our families, but the time goes too fast. It seems to me that the holidays are the only time some people in our family's can get together. Maybe the answer to this rush is to impose a made up holiday or family dinner each month. It is just too hard to fit in quality time in a few hours during the holidays. I don't remember the holidays being so busy as a child. Maybe they were and I just did not notice. But I really want my children to enjoy the holidays, especially as a child.
So I will blog about this on Monday and we will see how the holiday weekend went.
Again, maybe it is just me and I need a good "nerve pill", like my Bubba used to say, to get me through.
1 comment:
Awesome camo cake, Brookie! I love it...and I love reading your blog. Kevin and I were totally blown over AGAIN by LOST this week too. I'm so hooked. And I love being hooked. I'm with you - I don't care how long they drag it out, I will still watch religiously.
Keep up the good work and we'll see you next month!
luv ya,
Genna
Post a Comment