I already made it a few weeks ago, but I deem today the first day of Strawberry Not So Short Cake season!! My Hubby( and I) love Strawberry Shortcake. But the way that I make it is not the traditional way. I do follow the Bisquick recipe for shortcakes, but I double the recipe and make it in a 9x13 pan at 350 for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Hence the Not So Short Cake. I also add more sugar than the recipe calls for both in the batter and I also add it to the top before baking. Whilst my cake is baking, I prepare my strawberries. Cleaned and quartered and then sprinkled with sugar and off to the refrigerator.
Sam's club has good prices on Bisquick and Strawberries right now.
We are getting ready to watch our DVR'd shows for tonight and will be enjoying a nice helping of strawberries and not so short cake! I will bet that this will also be enjoyed for breakfast too ;)
Sam's club has good prices on Bisquick and Strawberries right now.
We are getting ready to watch our DVR'd shows for tonight and will be enjoying a nice helping of strawberries and not so short cake! I will bet that this will also be enjoyed for breakfast too ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment