Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cheap Tip Mom of the Day #2

2 tips today, I feel inspired. Thanks Nellie!!
I have been asked several times about Freecycle. Here is goes: it is a movement to recycle unwanted items for FREE . Anything from books, clothes, household items, to strange things like freezer burnt food. I love it and have been participating in the Blair County Freecyle for about 4 years. I find it very useful when I feel like getting rid of my clutter. People will take anything. You can also post requests for items that you might be looking for. I have seen people ask for DVD players, TVs, etc. You never know who has something to give away that you might want. It is a great way to re-purpose unwanted items and to keep them out of the landfill and it saves you money.
Just Google "Freecyle" to find a group in your area.

No comments: