I have to apologize. I have not been true to my word. I promised to give you an inside look into how I save money and time. I realized tonight while I was cleaning the shower while taking a shower(tip), that I need to leave more posts regarding this area of my life.
OK, so here are just a few tips:
Clean the shower while taking a shower. You can use some body wash and a wash cloth and wipe down the walls, shampoo bottles, shelves, etc. The tub floor can be sprayed down with your favorite cleaner before you shower, rinse off it off before you get in, and use a the wash cloth or a sponge to wipe it down.
Still on the tub/shower topic: use dish detergent to get your tub(works on kitchen sink as well) sparkling. Dish detergent had enzymes and bleach in it so if you want to fill the tub up with water and put about 1/2 cup to a 1 cup in the water, let it sit overnight and then just drain. Or you can make a paste with water and coat the entire tub and walls and leave overnight. Clean and disinfected with no effort at all.
The shower curtain. They complete waste of time to clean. I buy shower curtain liners at the Dollar Tree for $1. I replace them when they get dirty.
Oh I almost forgot. I love Magic Erasers. They will get your tub clean and make your chrome sparkle.
Here is my gem of a tip: use 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner. It saves time and money. I also save more time and money by only washing my hair every other day. Another result of this method is that you save on your styling products. Just use your hair dryer to put some new life into day old hair. I honestly think that I use a can of hairspray in about 3 months. I make bedhead look fabulous!!
Just a few more.
To wash your child's tub toys. Throw them in the washing machine on cold with a towel or the dirty wash cloth from cleaning the tub. Use detergent. Let air dry.
I also never use any rags or paper towels when I clean in the bathroom, except the mirror( use vinegar and water instead of Windex). Good old toilet paper works great and the best part is you can just flush it.
That is all for now. I love using all of these tips to save me time and money.
I hope to keep the tips coming more regularly.
2 comments:
Nice, Brooke....good tips! Love the blog...I check it all the time...have you tried the Method cleaners yet? They are eco-friendly and they make a shower/tub/tile version that you can spray really quick in the tub after every shower and rinse (if you like) and it keeps your shower clean....no scrubbing on your knees required....love it!
Thanks for the comment Erica. I have tried the Method, my fav was the cucmber melon, but I don't think they make it anymore. I have also made some of my own using esestial oils and vodka...tasty drink too!!!
Post a Comment